ETH People Search Tool
Click here »»
A., Cousin, M.-E., Connor, M., & Siegrist, M. (2013). Public risk
perception in the total meat supply chain. Journal
of Risk Research (accepted).
- Cousin, M.-E., Dohle, S., & Siegrist, M. (2011). The impact of specific information
provision on base station siting preferences.
Journal of Risk Research, 14(6), 703-715.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2011). Cell phones and health concerns: Impact of knowledge and voluntary precautionary recommendations. Risk Analysis, 31(2), 301-310.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2010). Risk perception of mobile communication: A mental models approach. Journal of Risk Research, 13(5), 599-620.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2010). Public’s knowledge of mobile
communication and its influence on base station siting preferences. Health,
Risk & Society, 12(3), 231-250.
- Siegrist, M., & Cousin, M.-E. (2009). Expectations influence sensory experience in a wine tasting. Appetite, 52, 762-765.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2008). Laypeople’s health
concerns and health beliefs in regard to risk perception of mobile
communication. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 14(6), 1235-1249.
- Siegrist, M., & Cousin, M.-E (2008). Biased confidence in risk assessment studies. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 14(6), 1226-1234.
- Siegrist, M., Cousin, M.-E., & Keller, C. (2008). Risk communication, prenatal screening, and prenatal diagnosis: The illusion
of informed decision making. Journal of Risk Research, 11, 87-97.
- Siegrist, M., Cousin, M.-E., Kastenholz, H., & Wiek, A. (2007). Public acceptance of nanotechnology foods and food packaging: The influence of affect and trust. Appetite, 49, 459-466.
- Siegrist, M., Keller, C., & Cousin, M.-E. (2006). Implicit attitudes toward nuclear power and mobile phone base stations: Support for the affect heuristic. Risk Analysis, 26, 1021–1029.
- Cousin, M.-E. (2008). Mobile Communication and the Associated Health Hazard. The Relation of Knowledge, Beliefs, and Affective Evaluation to People’s Health Concerns. Dissertation Thesis, University of Zurich. »»
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2009). What do laypeople know about mobile communication? A mental model approach. In C. del Pozo, D. Papameletiou, P. Wiedemann, P. Ravazzani & E. van Deventer (Eds.), Electromagnetic Field Exposure: Risk Communication in the Context of uncertainty (pp. 66-75). JRC/EMF-NET. Available at: http://web.jrc.ec.europa.eu/emf-net/pubblications.cfm
- Visschers, V., Tobler, C., Cousin, M.-E., Brunner, T., Orlow, P., & Siegrist, M. (2009). Konsumverhalten und Förderung des umweltverträglichen Konsums: Bericht im Auftrag des Bundesamtes für Umwelt BAFU. Zürich: Consumer Behavior, ETH Zürich. [Consumer Behavior and the Promotion of Sustainable Consumption. Report for the Federal Office for the Environment FOEN, Switzerland]
- Cousin, M.-E., Siegrist, M. & Bearth,
A. (2012). What is
the real influence of knowledge on risk perception? SRA Europe. Risk and Society: Decisions & Responsibilities. Zurich (Switzerland), June 18-20, 2012.
- Magkouras, I., Kuster, K., Cousin, M., Jemmi, T., & Schüpbach-Regula, G. (2012). Efficiency of different on-farm biosecurity measures in Switzerland. 13th International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics. Maastrich, (The Netherlands). August 20-24, 2012. (poster)
- van den Borne, B.,
Gordon, P., Lokhorst, A. M., Menéndez Gonzalez, S., Cousin, M.-E., Kohler, S., Doherr, M., & Reist, M. (2011). Dairy farmers’ knowledge, attitude and behaviour towards udder health
in Switzerland. International Conference of
Udder Health and Communication. Utrecht (The Netherlands), October 25-27, 2011. (poster)
- Cousin, M.-E. & Siegrist, S. (2009). Knowledge and voluntary precautionary recommendations as influencing factors in risk perception of mobile communication. SRA Annual Meeting. Risk Analysis: The Evolution of a Science. Baltimore (USA), December 6 - December 9, 2009.
- Cousin, M.-E. (2009). Impact of knowledge and voluntary precautionary recommendations on risk perception of mobile communication. The 18th SRA Europe conference. From the everyday to the extraordinary: challenges for risk analysis and management. Karlstad (Sweden), June 28 - July 1, 2009.
- Siegrist, M., & Cousin, M.-E. (2009). The influence of expectations on sensory experience. Joint Annual Meeting of the Agriculture, Food and Human Values Society (AFHVS) and the Association for the Study of Food and Society (ASFS). State College (PA), May 28-31, 2009.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2007). What do laypeople know about mobile communication? A mental model approach. 2nd Workshop on EMF risk communication: “Effective risk communication in the context of uncertainty.” Stresa (Italy), May 2-4, 2007.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2007). Why do people fear mobile phone base stations? A mental model approach. The 16th SRA Europe conference. Building bridges: Issues for future risk research. Den Haag, June 17-19, 2007.
- Cousin, M.-E., & Siegrist, M. (2007). Laypeople’s and experts’ risk perception of mobile communication in Switzerland. 10th Congress of the Swiss Society of Psychology. Differences, diversity, and change. Zurich, September 13-14, 2007.
- Siegrist, M., & Cousin, M.-E. (2007). Laypeople’s knowledge about mobile communication. EMC Zurich 2007, 18th International Zurich Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility. Munich (Germany), September 24-28, 2007.
- Siegrist, M., & Cousin M.-E. (2006). Willingness to buy nanotechnology foods: The role of affect and social trust. The SRA annual conference. Risk analysis in a dynamic world: Making a difference. Baltimore, Maryland (USA), December 3-6, 2006.
Invited Presentations & Workshops
- Cousin, M.-E. (2012). Let's have a look at the other side. How to solve complex problems with interdisciplinary research (Key notes). Annual VPH Conference. University of Bern, Veterinary Public Health Institute. Bern. December 5, 2012
- Cousin, M.-E. (2012). Swiss farmers' perception of mastitis and effective mastitis -management strategies. Workshop Bovine Mastitis Research in Switzerland. Veterinary Public Health Institute, University of Bern. Bern, March 16, 2012.
- Cousin, M.-E. (2009). Trust and Confidence in Risk Communication about Mobile Communication. COST-Meeting, Zurich, May 2009.
- Cousin, M.-E. (2008). Risk perception of mobile communication. Colloquium at the University of Lausanne, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences. Lausanne, May 9, 2008.
- Siegrist, M., & Cousin, M.-E. (2007). Wahrnehmung der Gesundheitsrisiken von Basisstationen durch Experten und Laien. 6. Science Brunch der Forschungsstiftung Mobilkommunikation. Zurich, June 1, 2007.